Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blessed

Here is a glimpse into my creative writing ...

Blessed
By Matthew Ryan Napier 2009

In my waking life I seek those things
I picture in my head
When my mind begins to wander
As I lay down in my bed
And as I drift away to sleep
My dreams begin to play
Like a movie I have seen before
Yet, this time ends a different way
Cuz constantly I'm changing
Each day I awake a brand new man
So in the past when I've said, "I can't"
Today may bring "I can"
And when the outside world is gray
And all the smiles have faded
I remind myself to rise above
For I refuse to wind up jaded
And even though in my recent past
I've faced trials and tribulation
I keep my faith in the Lord above
To find love and jubilation
And the one thing I have come to know
In times of suffering pain and strife
Is in the end how blessed we are
To live this thing called life

1 comment:

  1. Matt,

    You are blessed with the ability to make words flow together so beautifully. You inspire me. Love you, Nonnie

    ReplyDelete